Reverend Zombie’s House of Voodoo.
Voodoo is more than a belief system, it is a complete way of life, including culture, philosophy, language, art, dance, music and medicine. A third of the population in New Orleans still practices or believes in Voodoo.
Despite its reputation it is considered a force for good. I bought a chicken foot for my roommate Sabri for protection, and a love potion for Bobby. I also purchased a few things for myself but I won’t go into that. I’m not a religious man but talismans can focus the mind.
My people, the Cajuns, also observe a form of white magic that is integrated with Christianity. Their witch doctors, or “Traiteurs” are still somewhat popular in the Acadian region of South Louisiana. My mother brought my father to one of these shortly before he died of cancer.
- audiokayness likes this
- danceonthelawn reblogged this from sphinxnomore
- magnolia-blossom likes this
- frenchtwist likes this
- pissingonmyfeet likes this
- vendettalee reblogged this from lazyaplles
- vendettalee likes this
- lakecoaster likes this
- jizzypuffs likes this
- redjeep likes this
- lazyaplles reblogged this from sphinxnomore
- lazyaplles likes this
- junkycosmonaut likes this
- shewhocannotbenamed likes this
- austpicious likes this
- iseesigils likes this
- just-gene likes this
- sitasays reblogged this from sphinxnomore and added:
- sitasays likes this
- spocko likes this
- ybb55 likes this
- akapearlofagirl likes this
- sphinxnomore reblogged this from love-nola
- sphinxnomore likes this
- love-nola reblogged this from bencarver
- cult-of-orleans reblogged this from bencarver and added:
- rightthurr likes this
- bencarver posted this